1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE TO US
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services.
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Contact preferences
- Contact or authentication data
- Billing addresses
- Debit/credit card numbers
- Date of birth
Sensitive Information. We do not process sensitive information.
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Shopify Payments. You can find their Terms of Service here.
Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.). If you choose to register this way, we will collect the information described in the section titled “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate. You are responsible for notifying us of any changes to such personal information.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information), but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily collected for purposes of maintaining the security and operation of our Services and for our internal analytics and reporting.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and setting and information about your activity in the Services (e.g., date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take), device event information (e.g., system activity), error reports and hardware settings.
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information about your IP address, device, and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries and/or offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies and other similar information.
- To fulfill and manage your orders. We may process your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns and exchanges made through the Services.
- To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time.
- To deliver targeted advertising to you. We may process your information toto develop and display personalized content and advertising tailored to your interests, location and more.
- To post testimonials. We may post testimonials that contain personal information.
- To administer sweepstakes and competitions. We may process your information to administer sweepstakes and competitions.
- To evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may process your information to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience.
- To identify usage trends. We may process information about how you use our Services to better understand how they are being used so we can improve them.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns. We may process your information to better understand how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to you.
- To comply with our legal obligations. We may process your information to comply with our legal obligations, respond to legal requests, and exercise, establish or defend our legal rights.
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and we cannot get consent in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process or settle an insurance claim
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be the victim of financial abuse
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If information is publicly available and is specified by applicable regulations
We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents (collectively, “third parties”) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Ad networks
- Affiliate marketing programs
- Communication and collaboration tools
- Data analytics services
- Data storage service providers
- Finance and accounting tools
- Government entities
- Payment processors
- Order fulfillment service providers
- Performance monitoring tools
- Retargeting platforms
- Sales and marketing tools
- Social networks
- Website hosting service providers
- User account registration and authentication services
- Testing tools
- Product engineering and design tools
- Cloud computing services
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- When we use Google Maps Platform APIs. We may share your information with certain Google Maps Platform APIs.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
6. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
Our Services offer you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider, but will often include your name, email address, friends list and profile picture, as well as other information you choose to make public on the social media platform.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from a user under 19 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Withdrawing your consent. If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent, depending on applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the process before withdrawal nor, when applicable law permits, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Account Information. To review or change the information in your account, you can (i) log in to your account settings and update your user account or (ii) contact us.
Upon request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of our Services.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have certain rights with respect to that information.
- Identifiers, including name, postal address, email address, and online identifiers (such as IP address).
- Customer records, including phone number and billing address.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including gender.
- Commercial or transaction information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Employment and education information.
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences.
- Sensitive personal information, which is defined in the CCPA to include a consumer’s online account log-in name or email and corresponding password.
Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. To the extent that we use or disclose sensitive personal information, we do so for permitted business purposes under CCPA.
Right to Opt-Out. Certain types of data collection and processing by us for personalized advertising or analytics may be considered a “sale” or “sharing” under CCPA. For example, we may be “selling” or “sharing” certain data, which may include personal information, to ad tech companies, affiliate marketers, and cooperative databases.
You have a right to opt-out from future “sales” or sharing of personal information. To do so, please see the Do Not Sell My Personal Information page.Right to Know. You have a right to request that we provide you with the following information:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling or sharing personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed for a business purpose or sold or shared personal information.
- The categories of personal information we have disclosed about you for a business purpose. Note that the CCPA defines “business purpose” broadly; and because we use service providers for a number of business purposes that require access to our systems that hold personal information (such as supplying cloud data storage, maintaining the security of our systems, and providing customer support), in the past 12 months we have disclosed for a business purpose data from all of the categories of personal information that we maintain.
- The categories of personal information we have sold or shared about you, for each category of third parties to which the personal information was sold or shared in the past 12 months.
Right to Delete. You also have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. To make a request to delete, contact us at email@example.com.
Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you, subject to applicable exceptions. To make a request to correct, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verification. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request to know or delete. To verify your identity when you make a request to know or to delete, we will email the email address you provide us, and which matches our records, and wait for your response. In some instances we may also ask for additional information such as your mailing address. This is how we verify your identity before complying. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide written proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
Right to Non-Discrimination. We do not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under applicable privacy laws.
Notice of Financial Incentives. We offer discounted prices to consumers who apply to enroll in our Ambassador Program and meet certain eligibility criteria and voluntarily provide certain requested personal information to us in an application to enroll in our Influencer program. We also offer an initial one-time discount to consumers who subscribe to our marketing emails. Because these programs involve the collection of personal information, they might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under California law.
You can find a full description of the Ambassador Program here. You can disenroll from the Ambassador Program at any time by emailing email@example.com. You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link.
To enroll in our Ambassador Program you must complete an application and submit your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and certain other information to determine eligibility for the program.
We offer a price difference that is reasonably related to the value of your personal information to us in connection with the Ambassador Program and our email marketing program. We estimate the value of personal information provided by our Ambassador Program members and marketing email subscribers by comparing the total amount spent over a 12-month period by our Ambassador Program members and marketing email subscribers to similarly situated customers who are not Ambassador Program members or do not subscribe to our marketing emails. The value will vary, e.g. based on the promotional discounts an Ambassador Program member or marketing email subscriber redeems and the amount purchased by them using that discount.
Shine The Light. Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, if you are a California customer you may opt-out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To opt out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
12. DO VIRGINIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) affords certain rights and protections to Virginia residents with respect to their personal data.
- Right to Access. You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal data and to access such personal data.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to delete personal data provided by or obtained about you.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to correct inaccuracies in your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the purposes of the processing.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt-out of “targeted advertising” as defined under Virginia law. We do not sell personal data as “sale” is defined under Virginia law.
- Right to Portability. You have the right to obtain a portable copy of the personal data that you provided to us.
How to Submit a Request. To exercise your rights to access, delete, or opt-out of “targeted advertising” under Virginia privacy law, please submit your request by contacting us at email@example.com.
To exercise your right to portability and request a portable copy of the personal data that you provided to us, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate you are a Virginia resident requesting a portable copy of your personal data.
To exercise your right to correct inaccuracies in your personal data, contact us at email@example.com or, if you have created an online account on our site, you can correct your contact details directly by logging into your account.
13. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada law requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties.
We do not sell consumers’ personal information for monetary consideration to third parties for licensing or sale to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit an inquiry relating to our compliance with Nevada law, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information or delete it. To request to review, update or delete your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last updated: June 1, 2023